Sunday, June 25, 2006

From the Mountains to the Plains

Hello everyone!

I think this is the first time that someone from the Central Walk has posted on this blog; we have been grossly inefficient in this regard. But it's been a beautiful wonderful walking experience thus far. We're in North Platte, Nebraska this weekend, but we went through Rocky Mountain National Park this last week which was spectacular. I don't think I've ever seen such a beautiful landscape.

It's easy to get bogged down in the negative aspects of fighting abortion, contraception and euthanasia, but this walk thus far has allowed me to really see the positive aspects of the Culture of Life. I think the mountains are a great symbol of this, of the majesty and dignity of human life. Mountains bring out what is noble and glorious in man, and I know I will certainly miss them. When I think of the Culture of Life and what it will be like when it does come about across the world, I think of a lot of people eating a big meal around a table having excellent conversation on the Church and God in a house in the forest somewhere in the mountains. Of course, this is just the iconic representation that the Culture of Life has in my mind, but this trip has shown me that by walking, by praying as much as we do, by joining together in a close fellowship with one another and with those we meet, we are not just fighting the Culture of Death but are really building the community, the communio personarum, necessary to really create a total civilization of life and love. And that is really awesome.

We're in the plains now: cows, factory farms, corn. It's really breezy here. But that's part of the country too. God bless to everyone who reads this blog.

Pax Christi sit semper vobiscum,
Mark Spencer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home