Sunday, June 11, 2006

Billings, Montana

Hey everyone! This is Jamie :). Calvin's dad took some pics of us and he's letting me put them on the blog. YAY! In the top one, we were having a candlelit prayer vigil outside of Planned Parenthood with a bunch of people from the community. Then next one is us praying the rosary and other prayers outside of Planned Parenthood.

The vigil was very nice. We did some Praise & Worship at St. Bernard's Parish and did a very nice rosary by the Tabernacle with everyone. After that, we all walked with candles and crosses down the street to Planned Parenthood. We walked in silence and when we got there we said a Divine Mercy Chaplet. So many people yelled negative things out there car windows at us. Andrew, a guy who led the Central (I think) walk in 1997 said this about that: "I've never got yelled and screamed at so much as just now at Planned Parenthood." He explained that before when he did it, everyone was indifferent about us, confident that abortion was here to stay. But now that we are becoming stronger and more and more people are claiming to be Pro Life instead of Pro Choice, they are scared and this is a last ditch effort. They know they are losing the battle. It was very well said. One guy even yelled "Get a job, you hippies!" He doesn't even know what words to grab for! Andrew said he'd been called a lot of things, but never a hippy. Haha. That's pretty funny.

OK well, I have to go. I hope everyone has a good day! :)

-Jamie




5 Comments:

Blogger Father Cory Sticha said...

Go Northern Walk! I'd hoped to meet you all during this weekend in Billings, but my schedule didn't allow it. (I'm a seminarian for the Diocese of Great Falls-Billings, MT, currently assigned to a parish near Great Falls.) I want you to know that all of you are in my prayers, and that God will watch over you and protect you. May God bless all of you!

Cory Sticha
Crossroads 2003

9:58 PM  
Blogger sunnyday said...

Hi! It's wonderful to read about your experiences over there. And those comments by Andrew made me laugh, too. Please keep up the good work! We in the Philippines try to do our part, but a lot really depends on what's happening in the US. By the way, I work for Pro-Life Philippines.

Regards to everyone at Crossroads =)

Sunnyday

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Northerners! I did y'all's walk last year, and was wondering if y'all could update me on Calvin's sister (Amy, I think). She's a really awesome girl who really appreciated having us there last year, and I was just wondering how she's doing now. My prayers are with you. God bless.

Daniel Mull
Northern Walk '05

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there North! I'm Amy from last year's northern walk...funny to read your story about being called hippies. I thought i was the only hippie to ever walk crossroads! It makes me proud to think that people believe all hippies are pro-life... lol...
Take it as a compliment!
Good luck and I'll be praying my hippie prayers for you...

Namaste
Amy

11:06 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Dan,

Amy was away at camp the weekend that we were there, but I slept in her room..

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home