Sunday, June 11, 2006

Life, Jobs, and Hippies

"GET A LIFE!!!" a young man yelled from his car window while we were holding a prayer vigil at the Planned Parenthood in Billings yesterday. My silent response to his supposed "insult" was "Yes, thank God that I did get a life. I'm now standing here praying that defenseless babies in danger of being aborted will get a life too."

"GET A JOB YOU HIPPIES!!!" This shout came from another car while we were processing back to St. Bernard's. I've never received the 'hippie' label before so that made me chuckle a bit. And as far as the "get a job" part, I was reminded to pray for the many men and women who dedicate their lives to working (and volunteering) in the pro-life movement. Awesome, so awesome. Thank you all and may God continue to bless you in your ministry!

Passionate for Life,
Christy Stutsman
Northern Walk

2 Comments:

Blogger Father Cory Sticha said...

My silent response to his supposed "insult" was "Yes, thank God that I did get a life. I'm now standing here praying that defenseless babies in danger of being aborted will get a life too."

If only they knew how silly it sounds to tell us to "get a life" when we're praying to save lives. It's almost funny to hear people say that, isn't it?

Cory Sticha
Crossroads 2003

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember that Our Lord said, "Blessed are you when they persecute you and insult you, etc.. for My name's sake..rejoice and be glad for your reward in Heaven will be great". Know that what you are doing now is building up your treasures in Heaven. God bless you...keep up the good work!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home