Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Sweet Home Chicago

Hello everyone!
Well, although last weekend was probably the most stressful, it was also definitely one of my favorites. We finally got to my home town Chicago. I've been waiting for this weekend for most of the walk. I got to see my family and they got to see the RV and meet my fellow walkers. Everyone came over for lunch and swimming. It was a lot of fun, but Chris and a couple others were busy planning how to get all of us to all of the different masses for the weekend. I've never driven in the city before even though I live so close; and after this weekend, I wouldn't say it's my favorite thing to do . . . My family was so helpful and it was so nice of them to host all of us. We also spent Sunday night at my house. Thanks guys!
Leaving Chicago was sad because I had to leave my family, and now that Crossroads is half way over and I don't have Chicago to look forward to anymore, I'm starting to realize that it is coming to an end really quickly. I don't know what I'm going to do when Crossroads is over. I am going to miss everyone so much. I've made some wonderful friends, and its not going to be any fun when I have to pry myself away from them. I'm not excited about that. . . Not at all.
I find myself wondering how I'm going to get up in the morning without Chris's signature "Good Morning!" and what I'm going to do knowing I don't have to walk 20 miles. I will almost certainly continue to eat oatmeal out of a Styrofoam cup, and keep the plastic spoon I eat it with.
Anyway, we're at Dave Bathon's house - best day of my life! He made us eggs this morning and let me use his shower.

Talk to you later,
Jamie Racki
Northern Walk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home